Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway’s contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question. This Week’s Topic: What are your goals for the new year—for reading, writing, or other?
I recently wrote about how I set goals, so this is a nice continuation of that topic. Rather than making a bunch of lofty resolutions that I have no possible way of achieving, I prefer to make commitments to myself, i.e. measurable, do-able, non-anxiety-generating goals.
Well, that’s not entirely true, I’m sure I’ll never be completely worry-free but that’s okay. Sometimes that nervous tickle in your stomach is a sign that something awesome’s about to happen.
My 13 writing- and reading-related commitments for 2013
- Finish the first draft of PLEASE STAND BY. [DONE]
- Join a professional writing association.
- Attend at least one writing conference. [DONE]
- Schedule at least one writing retreat. [DONE]
- Finish the second draft revisions for HAPPENS FOR A REASON. [DONE]
- Regularly maintain this blog. [DONE]
- Keep querying. [DONE]
- Enter at least one contest. [DONE]
- Submit at least one short story for publication.
- Stay connected with the writing community. [DONE]
- Read at least 30 books. [DONE]
- Finish the first draft of HANDS OFF. [DONE]
- Improve revision skills. [DONE]
I think that’s a pretty good start. How about y’all? Any goals for the new year?