WOOHOOO! Look, Mama, I made it!
This spring’s writing bootcamp was full of struggly success. My goals shifted midstream but I’m proud of consistently making forward progress.
So How’d I Do?
- Added bunches of new words to the Camp Nano project (which has a name but I’m super-protective of my new baby)
- Revised just about half of THINGS WE SHOULD HAVE SAID
- Started drafting a quick pitch for the aforementioned story
- Participated in an online writing class
- Was awarded a scholarship to Midwest Writers Workshop
- Got accepted in residency at The Writing Barn (help me get there!)
This writing thing can take many forms. From putting words on the page to encouraging other writers to beta-reading to saluting book birthdays, all of it makes me a better writer and so I’m grateful for this amazing community.