How I did on last week’s goals
- Finish one book for the YA Bucanneers Summer Reading Challenge. I read TINY PRETTY THINGS by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton and ESSSENTIAL X-MEN, Vol. 7.
- Revise four chapters of THINGS WE SHOULD HAVE SAID. I did three! They’re horribly out of context and probably need to happen sooner in the story than I anticipated but it’s progress.
- Stick to my sleep plan and get good rest. This was really successful. I’m proud that with the exception of one night when I’d had too much chai latte and insomnia reared its ugly head, I slept really well.
My goals for this week
- Finish side hustle article.
- Find one writing contest to enter.
- Draft 2,000 words.
A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
But after getting myself off a couple of times and eating, I collapsed into an orgasmic food coma.
The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write).
Balance. It seemed like every time I sat down to write, something got in the way. I need to do a better job of scheduling my time and sticking to it.
Something I love about my WiP.
Drafting is everything. I can just pour stuff out on the page and I don’t have to worry about if it makes complete sense or if everything’s in its proper place. It’s the part of writing that feels most creative to me.