It’s February, which means it’s time for Writer Recharge!
Once again hosted by Sara Biren, Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, Elodie Nowodazkij, Writer Recharge is your chance for a four-week jump start in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. Set goals for yourself, check in once a week, and connect with other recharging writers.
This year, our hosts provided a few helpful categories to consider when making goals. You can choose a goal (or goals) for one or some or all.
- WRITE/REVISE – Choose writing goals for the month.
- READ/REREAD – Read a book that’s been on your TBR forever or reread something that had a great impact on you.
- STRETCH – Do something outside your comfort zone, from reading a genre you typically avoid to trying a new food or rock climbing when you’re afraid of heights – that kind of thing.
- SELF – Do something good for your mind or your body.
- CONNECT – Find a way to make a difference in someone’s life. Make a connection, via social media or in person. Initiate twitter writing parties, have a real-life write-in with writers in your town, or offer to critique or beta read someone’s work.
- FUN – Make a goal to do something super fun and exciting that you can look forward to
HOW THE HECK DOES THIS WORK?
- First week of February: Post your goals for the month on your blog, website, or Twitter. Use the hashtag #WriterRecharge. Link your blog post here (below).
- Every Monday in February: Update your progress via your blog or twitter. Link your blog posts on our Monday posts.
- Throughout the month: Use the hashtag to connect with other writers, have writing parties, and cheer one another on!
- Friday, February 27: Post your final update via your blog or twitter.
- Anyone who uses the hashtag or links their blog posts will be entered to win a fabulous prize package at the end of the month.
- Add 500 words each day to ye olde WIP
- Revise THINGS WE SHOULD HAVE SAID for the last time (before querying, that is)
- The last five books I purchased: THE LIGHTER SIDE OF LIFE AND DEATH, MASSIVE, OPEN ROAD SUMMER, CRAZY IN LOVE, WIDE AWAKE.
- Do something physically active for 30 minutes at least 3x per week
- Attend an in-person writing meetup