Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting, accountability, and support no matter where you are in your writing life. Our awesome hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and Katy Upperman. More details HERE.
HOW I DID ON LAST LAST LAST WEEK’S GOALS
- Incorporate more chill-out activities: meditation, gentle yoga, deep breathing, etc. I aced this. My relaxing skills are near ninja-level.
- At least 500 words for Day 1 of Camp NaNoWriMo. Done!
- Learn more about Intracranial Hypertension (IH) this nifty new friend that’s come into my life. Still working on this. But I’ve learned a little WebMD goes a long way.
- Write at least one book review. Failed in writing but at least I read the book, so that’s a start.
MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK
- Start writing query, one-line pitch, and synopsis for my Recently-Revised Project. I’m calling it such because while I love the new story, I’m not sure its old title fits anymore.
- Add 3,000 words to my new pretty.
A FAVORITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR A WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED
We kissed and kissed and kissed until our breath was fast and our lips were swollen and my grumpy supervisor sprayed water at us and said, “Get a freaking room.”
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
My energy levels are all over the map. Trying to figure out how to find balance between work, writing, and life is difficult but not impossible. I just have to stop being my usual impatient self.
SOMETHING I LOVE FROM MY WIP
This thing feels like it’s writing itself. That hardly ever happens!