With any ending comes a period of reflection, so its fitting that I take some time to consider all of my writerly happenings in 2013.
- At the start of the year, I made a list of 13 writing/reading related commitments. My overarching plan was to make measurable, concrete steps toward becoming a better writer. I’m happy to report I checked off 11 out of 13 goals!
- According to Goodreads, I read 63 books for a total of 21,491 pages, exceeding my goal for 50 books read this year.
- I won Camp NaNoWriMo in April and July, and NaNoWriMo in November, adding just over 110,000 words to three projects.
- I was brave enough to reach out and let new people read my work. Although I haven’t made any CP matches yet, I’m still hopeful.
- I attended my second WriteOnCon and got a ton of helpful feedback from fellow participants and Ninja Agent love on a WIP which really encouraged me (and I’m still working on it Bubbles so please don’t forget me! :))
- I was interviewed for DiversifyYA, one of my favorite blogs.
- I participated in awesome blogfests like Road Trip Wednesday, What’s Up Wednesday, and Insecure Writer’s Support Group. Yay for new writer friends!
- I wrote 85 posts on this blog (!!!).
- I had my first paid speaking engagement, discussing the Kansas City Public Library’s 2013 Big Read selection, TRUE GRIT. I was honored to be among such bright and talented people.
Best wishes to all of you for a safe, healthy, and happy new year!