Sometimes it’s really nice to have proof that your words aren’t just tumbling aimlessly through the interwebs. I always get a little thrill when I see comments and it’s especially exciting to get blog awards!
The talented Kelly Hashway gifted me with two awards. The first, the Booker Award, is cool because it’s for blogs that are least 50% about books (either reading or writing.) That means I’m only blathering about unrelated nonsense half the time! 🙂
- THE COLOR PURPLE by Alice Walker
- BABY OF THE FAMILY by Tina McElroy Ansa
- JUST FRIENDS by Norma Klein
- ANIMAL FARM by George Orwell
- THE TWITS by Roald Dahl
Next up: The Fabulous Blog Ribbon and (yay!) more lists.
5 Fabulous Moments
- Acknowledging that I’m a writer
- The first time The Roommate said he loved me
- Graduating from university
- Watching my niece’s birth
- Completing my first 5K run
5 Things I Love
- My family (biological & adopted)
5 Things I Dislike
- The current United States Congress
- People that don’t think for themselves
- The idea that art is a luxury item
FastDrafting maven Sarah Negovetich gave me two awards: Sisterhood of the World Bloggers and Tell Me About Yourself which require I share more odd stuff with you.
7 Random Facts About Me:
- I’m skilled at stepping on sharp things no one else can see. Looking for that needle in a haystack? Just let me walk through it.
- I have a permanent retainer on my teeth.
- I had a temporary job measuring fit models for Lee Jeans.
- I own a baseball signed by Bob Uecker.
- Mario Kart is my favorite video game.
- I don’t like cherries.
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be one of the X-Men when I grew up.
Mucho grande thanks to everyone for the awards! I’m passing them along to everyone who reads this post in the hopes of learning more about you. 🙂