I’ve had an amazing time following the Banned Books Week chatter on the interwebs. Seeing so many diverse people showing support for an even wider array of printed material makes the book lover in me squeal with delight.
Here’s some of the best offerings I’ve seen (so far):
- Sommer Leigh’s excellent three-part series on the positive impact so-called “dangerous” YA books had on her life. Part I starts here. Warning: Have your Kleenex handy.
- HuffPost Books’ nifty “Top 10 Banned of Challenged Books in 2010” infographic.
- The East Branch of the Dayton Metro Library’s eye-popping Banned Books Week Banner.
- Amnesty International’s timely reminder that books and authors are in danger around the world.
- “F#@% Censorship: Kelly Loves Banned Books Week” courtesy of The Bibliomantics.