Hey y’all! So much has happened since I last posted. I submitted work to PitchWars, I’ve been swamped with back-to-school-type stuff for the Dayjob, and dealing with health stuff.
Oh, and Hello Kitty isn’t a cat after all.
As for my summer writing challenges, I fell down on the reporting side. I didn’t stop writing but as I tend to do when life gets wonky, I retreat into a hole and don’t reach out as much, which is crazypants because I definitely need the support and encouragement of all of the fantastic people who have my back no matter what.
So all in all, I’m doing okay and still plugging away. I’m looking forward to finishing revisions, adding words to a neglected WIP, starting my first co-writing project, and a writing retreat in October.
Hope everyone’s doing well!
Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting, accountability, and support no matter where you are in your writing life. Our awesome hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and Katy Upperman. More details HERE.
HOW I DID ON LAST LAST LAST WEEK’S GOALS
- Incorporate more chill-out activities: meditation, gentle yoga, deep breathing, etc. I aced this. My relaxing skills are near ninja-level.
- At least 500 words for Day 1 of Camp NaNoWriMo. Done!
- Learn more about Intracranial Hypertension (IH) this nifty new friend that’s come into my life. Still working on this. But I’ve learned a little WebMD goes a long way.
- Write at least one book review. Failed in writing but at least I read the book, so that’s a start.
MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK
- Start writing query, one-line pitch, and synopsis for my Recently-Revised Project. I’m calling it such because while I love the new story, I’m not sure its old title fits anymore.
- Add 3,000 words to my new pretty.
A FAVORITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR A WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED
We kissed and kissed and kissed until our breath was fast and our lips were swollen and my grumpy supervisor sprayed water at us and said, “Get a freaking room.”
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
My energy levels are all over the map. Trying to figure out how to find balance between work, writing, and life is difficult but not impossible. I just have to stop being my usual impatient self.
SOMETHING I LOVE FROM MY WIP
This thing feels like it’s writing itself. That hardly ever happens!
As if Camp NaNoWriMo, Ready. Set. Write! and life in general wasn’t enough, I’m also doing the YA Buccaneers Summer Reading Challenge. This is the easiest of them all really because y’all know I love reading and often spend more time reading other people’s words than writing my own. But I heard somewhere that’s what it takes to be a kickass scribe, so I’m with it. Here’s my progress so far:
Recommendations are everything, so let me know in the comments what I should read next!