As if Camp NaNoWriMo, Ready. Set. Write! and life in general wasn’t enough, I’m also doing the YA Buccaneers Summer Reading Challenge. This is the easiest of them all really because y’all know I love reading and often spend more time reading other people’s words than writing my own. But I heard somewhere that’s what it takes to be a kickass scribe, so I’m with it. Here’s my progress so far:
Recommendations are everything, so let me know in the comments what I should read next!
To see what other WUW writers are up to, click here.
WHAT I’M READING
Ami Polonsky’s GRACEFULLY GRAYSON. It’s still early on but I have a feeling this one’s going to wring some tears out of me.
WHAT I’M WRITING
It’s Camp NaNoWriMo time! I’m revising a short story and adding words to another. Hopefully, I’ll get it all done this month. Lots of folks are keeping me accountable, so I’m not worried. Much.
WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW
Ruth Bader Ginsburg THA GAWD. Her 35-page dissent against the recent
Uterus Police Supreme Court Hobby Lobby decision is some of the best writing I’ve ever read. EVER.
WHAT ELSE I’VE BEEN UP TO
Working like crazy, trying to adjust to all of these new meds, and prepping for my 4th of July road trip.
Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting, accountability, and support no matter where you are in your writing life. Our awesome hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and Katy Upperman. More details HERE.
HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK’S GOALS
I didn’t post last week so I kept working on the previous week’s goals.
- Drink more water than anything. Killed it thanks to my 64-oz travel mug, Sir Archie of the Kum & Go (so dubbed by Ami Allen-Vath).
- Get at least 500 words on the WIP. – Hahahahahaaaaaa
- Send short story to readers. – *deep breath* Bwahahaahaaaaaa
- 10:30 p.m. bedtime. – About 50/50 on this one
MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK
- Incorporate more chill-out activities: meditation, gentle yoga, deep breathing, etc.
- At least 500 words for Day 1 of Camp NaNoWriMo
- Learn more about Intracranial Hypertension (IH) this nifty new friend that’s come into my life
- Write at least one book review
A FAVORITE LINE FROM MY STORY
Only drink from the keg or BYOB. Because animal tranks.
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
Health issues. Finally shook the summer sinus infection from hell, so that’s awesome. But getting some answers (which led to more questions) from docs about other issues is requiring a bit of adjustment in the life department. At least now when someone tells me it’s all in my head, I can say, “You’re right!”
SOMETHING I LOVE FROM MY WIP
This story feels fearless. I’m not letting the usual things bog me down or trip me up. Hallelujah!